Created by Chef Monica Hayes-Jones
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 Fuji or Pippin apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons MUMBO SAUCE
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
For the apples:
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Spray the grill pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a medium bowl, toss together the apple slices and MUMBO SAUCE. Grill until lightly charred, about 2 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the grilled apple slices.
For the cream:
In a 1-quart saucepan, combine the maple syrup, cream and butter over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture turns golden, about 4 minutes. Set the pan aside to cool slightly. Add the mascarpone cheese and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Divide the apple slices among 4 small plates. Drizzle with the cream. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and serve.
Click Here to view the “Cooking with the pros” video