From the creative mind of one of our new Chef Ambassadors, Chef David Blackmon, here’s a recipe that works any time—from family game night on a chilly winter evening to a breezy summer backyard bash. These pulled chicken sandwiches on French baguette bread, topped with cole slaw made with fresh collard greens are easy to make and great to taste!
Pulled BBQ Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 cups MUMBO BBQ Sauce (any flavor)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Loaf of French bread
Simmer chicken breast in salted water for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and pull apart chicken with hands (or using 2 forks). Toss with MUMBO Sauce and season with black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve on French bread topped with MUMBO Collard Green Slaw.
MUMBO Collard Green Slaw
- ½ cup MUMBO Sauce Hickory
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 Tsp dry mustard
- 1 Tsp celery seeds
- 2 large bunches collard greens (about 2 pounds), thick stems trimmed, leaves folded lengthwise and then thinly sliced crosswise (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Cover and refrigerate. (Dressing can be made 1 day ahead.) Combine collard greens, red bell pepper, celery and onion in large bowl. Pour dressing over greens; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until collard greens soften and wilt slightly, tossing occasionally, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.